Our River Caving Tour is great for people who really enjoy river trekking, hiking in the forest, and learning about Puerto Rico’s rich culture, history, and ecology.
- Adult Ages 13+
- Child Ages 6-12
River Cave Kayaking Tour Overview
This is a shorter version of our River Caving Tour.
A real adventure in nature! We will take you on a guided interpretative tour through the magnificent and unique underground river cave Portillo, where we kayak through the 1,000-foot long tunnel, a magical space where you can hear the sounds of nature and see the existing fauna.
This tour includes:
- Kayaking through the underground river cave in the Tanamá river
- Spectacular views of the karst region
- Forest hiking (moderate-semi intense)
- Jumping and swimming in natural pools, free jumps and breathtaking views of the Northern Karst forest
- Crossing our 150-foot long suspension bridge over the Tanamá river
This tour takes part mostly in the river and also in the forest, where you will hike through uneven, sometimes with loose or slippery rocks, uphill and downhill paths for a considerable amount of time. All participants should be in good health and good (average) physical condition. The weight should be proportional to the height. You can wear sneakers, closed toed shoes with a good grip sole or water shoes.
Our adventure tours are not suitable for people with conditions on the back, hip, knees, ankles, overweight or heart conditions. Pregnant women should not take part in our adventure tours.
Questions? Check our FAQs here!